Websites related to Kurdish history, culture,
language and politics:
The Kurdistan Web is a private initiative not related to any political party
or organization. The objective is to give comprehesive and accurate information
about the Kurdish people, their history, culture and struggles for autonomy.
It aims to become a discussion platform about Kurdish issues.
Kurde de Paris
The Kurdish Institute of Pars offers a host of cultural activities
as well as extensive online resources.
Human rights watch is dedicated to protecting the human rights of
people around the world. They investigate and expose human rights
violations and hold abusers accountable. They enlist the public
and international community to support the cause of human rights
This link will lead you to a list of books about Kurds in
"KURDISTANICA" aims to create a National Electronic Archive
of Kurdistan on the Internet. Compilation of KURDISTANICA, the
first ever National Archive, requires global support. Whether you
are a Scholar researching Kurdish issues or a Translator making
information more accessible, joining our efforts will help ensure
that KUDISTANICA becomes a rich source of knowledge.
The following is a reading list which we compiled while researching
the book, Kurdistan: In the Shadow of History:
- Ahmad, Kamal Madhar. Kurdistan During the First World War London: Saqi Books, 1994.
- Brauer, Erich. The
Jews of Kurdistan.
Wayne State University Press, 1993.
- Farouk-Sluglett, Marion and Sluglett, Peter. Iraq
Since 1958, 2nd
Edition. London: I. B. Tauris, 1990.
- Hassanpour, Amir. Nationalism and Language in Kurdistan.
San Francisco: Mellen Research University Press, 1992.
- Kreyenbroek, Philip G. and Allison C. Kurdish Culture and Identity. London: Zed Books, 1996.
- Kreyenbroek, Philip G. and Sperl Stefan, eds. The Kurds: A Contemporary Overview. London/New York: Routledge,
- Kutschera, Chris. Le défi Kurde. Paris:
Bayard Éditions, 1997.
- Laizer, Sheri. Martyrs, Traitors and Patriots.
London: Zed Books, 1996.
- McDowall, David. The Kurds. London: Minority Rights
- McDowall, David. A Modern History of the Kurds.
London: I. B. Tauris, 1996.
- Olson, Robert. The Emergence of Kurdish Nationalism and the Sheikh Said Rebellion, 1880-1925. Austin: University
of Texas, 1989.
- Olson, Robert.The
Goat And the Butcher: Nationalism and State Formation in
Kurdistan-Iraq Since the Iraqi War. 2005.
- Olson, Robert, ed. The Kurdish Nationalist Movement in the 1990s. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 1996.
- Randal, Jonathan C. After Such Knowledge, What Forgiveness?
New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1997.
- Sabar, Yona. The
Folk Literature of the Kurdistani Jews: An Anthology. New
Haven: Yale University Press, 1982.
We will be listing more links to various sites related to Kurdistan,
photography, documentary work online as well as a reading list.
Please let us know if you
have any links you would like us to include.